Friday 1 August 2014

wk 31....Hot Colours - Graph'It colouring challenge

Hellooo and welcome back to the 2nd week of our challenge!


Hot Colours 
Now this challenge is all about Hot Colours so show us what you've got! 

This can basically include summer colours, any colour combo's which you think look really great together, the choice is yours.
You can ENTER HERE

But, I decided the team needed an extra challenge so this time I challenged everyone on the team to try an airbrushing technique...
We don't currently have an airbrush system within Graph'It (but we live in hope) but there are other things  you can do to get an airbrushed effect. Most systems are specific to a particular brand but you can achieve this look by simply using things you have around the house...the cheapest way and simplest way is to get an old biro or pen and empty it then hold it to the end of your marker and blow through the pen - you'll be amazed at the results! It takes a little practice to get the right angles and right amount of huff and puff but have a go - it's great fun and not as hard as you think!!

Before we get to the inspiration, let me remind you of the rules - you have until Friday 8th August to enter (noon GMT) and the RANDOM winner chosen will win some lovely Graph'It markers and goodies.  Simply follow the rules in the sidebar and remember you don't have to use Graph'It to enter.

So let's see what the Design Team did!...

Anjie - First of all I coloured the image up, which is from the new Work & Play Collection 6, as are the papers. Then I printed the image out again and fussy cut and created a mask to cover the image. Then I got to work with the biro case and created a muddy ground and a blue sky. I'm quite pleased with how the ground turned out as it looks like the horse is kicking up some mud!

The Graph'It Markers I used are:
Skin: 4125, 4150, 4145, 4135, 3210
Horse and Rider: 9400-9407
Sky: 7125
Mud: 3255


Cara I must admit I was i teeny bit scared of this challenge but once I got started I really enjoyed myself.  I started off cutting a mask on my Silhouette (Nikky stocks loads of masks and stencils here..)  I stamped my image and then created a mask before using my hand spritzer tool (yes I cheated a little lol) to spritz in the clouds, I used 3 different shades to try to add dimension.  I then masked off a border and used the same colours to frame the picture.



Blues for Airbrushing, Hair and Shoes: 7290, 7240,7220
Skin: 3120, 4155,4150, 4115, 4135
Red: 9408,5245,5240
Monkey: 3255,3250,3245,3210, 4135


Kevin Well I have to say I enjoyed this challenge, I have not tried Airbrushing with a Bic pen before and it works well, only thing is I forgot about the hot colours. I airbrushed the Umbrella and the rain. and then used my image on a tag shaped card.


Graph'It Markers Used 
Airbrushing 7105..7210..7220..9100..9101
Skin  4150..4155..4180..4170
Clothing 5110..5120..7210..7220..7125


Wow - more fantastic inspiration!!

We are loving this technique!

Before we get to the winners from last time we just want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who applied for the DT call which is now closed - we will be getting back to everyone very soon and will announce our new team shortly : )  exciting!

So onto last time's winners....

Our Random Winner from Week 28/29 Christmas Colours challenge is:

No 16 Katie Tate
Well done Katie! Please email us here quoting code wk31GI001 to claim your prize and don't forget to send us your snail mail address!

The Design Team's favourite Top 3 are: 

well done everyone! Grab your blinkies from the sidebar and thanks so much for joining us, we loved seeing your work! 

So remember, this week's challenge is 
HOT COLOURS - 
This can basically include summer colours, any colour combo's which you think look really great together, the choice is yours.
You can ENTER HERE

See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration guys!! Also, thanks so much for choosing my card in your Top 3, congrats to all the winners, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just checked your site again and I can't tell you how pleased I am to have been chosen in your Top 3! Thank you so much - I am a happy little bunny!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete

The Colour Crazy Design Team love to hear from you so please feel free to leave us a comment or question!